A. MikroTik Configuration
Step 1 – Go to IP-Hotspot, click on the Servers tab and click Hotspot Setup to follow the wizard.
Step 2 – Select which HotSpot Interface network should be running.
Step 3 – Create network segment for the hotspot network
Step 4 – Set DHCP pool for hotspot users.
Step 5 – Select “none” for certificate unless you have a valid SSL certificate installed in Mikrotik.
Step 6 – Set 0.0.0.0 for SMTP server since we are not going to use this for Kiwire.
Step 7 – Set DNS servers.
Step 8 – Set DNS name to hide the hotspot gateway IP or can leave it blank.
Step 9 – Ignore local hotspot user since we are using Kiwire. Proceed with next step.
Step 10 – Go to Server Profiles, double click on the hotspot server created and go to Login tab and tick Login By HTTP PAP.
Step 11 – Go to RADIUS tab and tick Use RADIUS.
Step 12 – Go to User Profiles and double click on the default list and under General tab change the Shared Users to the amount of the hotspot users.
Step 13 – Go to Walled Garden IP List and add 2 new rules for source and destination address which is Kiwire IP.
Step 14 – Go to RADIUS to point Mikrotik to Kiwire.
- Add new RADIUS and set Kiwire IP and secret key (must match with Kiwire setting later)
- Click on Incoming and tick Accept and use Port 3799 as COA port
Step 15 – Download and save this page using mouse right click + “save as”
- Edit the downloaded login.html with any html text editor (i.e notepad++ etc)
- Change the URL as shown below
Step 16 – Drag the login.html file to Hotspot folder under Files.
Step 17 – Go to System > Identity and set a unique name for Mikrotik
and this will be used later in Kiwire setting.
Step 18 – Success! The Mikrotik hotspot network is now pointed to Kiwire.
B. Kiwire Configuration
Step 1 – You can now proceed to add the Mikrotik into Kiwire NAS.
- Login to Kiwire web panel and go to Devices > NAS and click Add NAS
Step 2 – Add a new NAS.
- Go to Device > NAS
- Set Device Type to Mikrotik in the dropdown option
- Set NAS Identifier to mikrotik in the input field
- Set IP Address to the Access Point (AP) IP
- Set Shared Secret Key to the same key as Mikrotik RADIUS profile
- Set COA Port to 3799
Step 3 – Configuration is now complete
Step by Step Video Tutorial